Mackenzie
For my daughter we learn a lot through coloring. We draw shapes, count how many markers we have, ask for specific colors (can I have the red marker, etc) and write our names. We do this for almost an hour after each meal and whenever she tries and get the markers and coloring items out. She also has a iPod that she plays various toddler games on.

We also read every night before bed, the past couple nights Kenzie has been having us read "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" which was one of my favorites when I was little, and is a great book for helping teach the alphabet :)
Junior
For junior he is learning how to balance himself, problem solve, and various other skills as his little body develops. we have an activity square he plays with alot along with a Lego table that he has been pulling himself up on. He has also been practicing how to "dance" and the ga, pa, da, and ah sounds.
Also during the day I feel I should mention we do have lots of various pbs and nick jr. shows on. Some of our favorites include:
Curious George
Blue's Clues
Arther
Dora
we also have a couple movies we watch as well including
Dumbo
The Lorax
A Turtles Tale

No comments:
Post a Comment