Sunday, January 28, 2018

DIY

Today was my DIY day, getting all our soaps and cleaning supplies ready for the week. I started with DIY soaps and cleaners after going to a essential oil meeting and learning about all the harsh chemicals that we typically use on a basis. I would strongly recommend doing some research about the chemicals used in our laundry and dish soap or even research why “tear free” soap is tear free. Pretty scary stuff out there that I was exposing my family to without even knowing. Everyone has their own reason for getting into essential oils and so far, for me, my interest has been in DIY. Another great thing about going DIY is how much money we have been saving. I typically buy 3 things monthly and 2 things yearly for my DIY soaps.

Monthly Shopping: 
Zote soap 
Laundry washing soda 
Borax 
Apple Cidar Vinager 

6month/ Yearly: 
Castile Soap 
Theives Houshold Cleaner 

Monthly it only costs me 10-15 dollars total. Not bad when it’s rooviding my hand soap, dish soap, laundry soap, Bosh wash, conditioner and shampoo! The theives household cleaner is a little
More pricey but is totally worth it and lasts a LONG time (I’m still on my 1st bottle and anticipate it lasting me at least a year). The household cleaner solution is nice because it’s so versitile. You mix 1-2 cap fulls in a spray bottle and fill if with water and you have a cleaner that can be used on counter tops, windows, stove tops, sinks, etc, the works! Put 1/2 a cap in for mopping the floor, the options on what to use it for with cleaning are endless. 

Here are the receipts that I use, let me know how they work for you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment