Johnathon is my middle child. My pregnancy with him was more relaxing then with my first. One major difference was during my pregnancy I was a stay at home mom already so I didn’t have to try and juggle a work and family life together I could simply just focus on Mackenzie and myself and making sure I was staying healthy during the pregnancy. We also didn’t have the stress of planning a wedding this time around either. Even though those stresses from the first pregnancy were gone, new concerns came up. For starters, I was terrified at the idea (and still am) the idea of raising two children under two. I still don’t know how we made it through those first couple years, but we managed! Another concern was, how am I going to raise a boy! Before having Mackenzie I had never really handled infants before, I remember thinking how can you let me leave the hospital?! I have no idea what I’m doing! Even though now I had a little more experience thne before I still had never felt with dealing with a boy infant. Looking back it seemed like a silly concern cuz in the end, it really wasn’t much different, I just learned to be quicker at diaper changes to avoid getting peed on lol. The final concern I had came up leading up to the delivery because we opted for a scheduled c-section but that meant when I came home I would need help with it being a longer recovery. Having a c-section meant not being able to lift or do much for our 1 and 1/2 year old at the time. Luckily we made it work with the help from my Mom. She would come over after work to help me with dinner and getting Kenzie to bed that first week I came home. I will forever be greatful for my Mom and how much she is always willing to help me out. Now every delivery is different and I must say with Johnathon I was in more pain during the surgery, HOWEVER the recovery went MUCH faster and better then the first. I was so ready to get out of the hospital and get home and start on our new journey as a family of 4. Johnathon was born June 28th, and is currently 5 and just starting out in life. He is such a caring, cuddly, loving child.
Most recently we have our Love child Abraham. He was born recently in March and is 7months old now. He honestly is such a wounderful addition to our family. John and I had separated and during our separation, we had a moment or reconciling and thus came Abraham. His pregnancy was the hardest, or maybe it’s because it’s the most recent and fresh in my mind. I worked full time during my pregnancy and honestly had a great supervisor and work friends that managed to support me and help me make it through. My parents were also amazing at helping me out with the older two, cleaning and getting the house ready and just over all being there for me. During Abraham’s pregnancy I had contractions going on from January until he was born in March, I also developed what was called “pupps” rash which was horrible. He was well worth it though! Luckily recovery went quick with Abraham, just like Johnathon and we went full swing into becoming a family of 5. One major change with Abraham though, (beside him bringing John and me back together) was the over all shift in the family dynamics. Instead of it being two kids and two adults, it’s now three on two, making John and Me work together, and truly be a partnership so the house doesn’t get completely overturn. I’m not sure if it’s this new family dynamic or just our unplanned love child that brought us closer together but I’ve truely never felt closer or happier as a family, and either way a big part of it is because of our most recent addition, Abraham.
No comments:
Post a Comment